[Marketing] Updating committee membership list

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:18:41 PDT 2020

The Marketing Committee maintains a list of committee members
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee#Committee_Members> on our
wiki, along with inactive members.

The following members have not responded to a motion in the last year and I
would consider them inactive:

   - Harrison Grundy
   - Jeff Johnson
   - Marc Vloemans

We have not really written down how the member list is updated, I would
like to propose the following text (from the incubation committee):

*We ask that volunteers remain active, joining the discussion and voting on
the email list. If you are unable to take part please send us an email. As
volunteers we understand that life can get in the way of advocacy – you are
welcome to rejoin at any time. We will also retire inactive members as
needed. *

Some years ago the board asked that each committee write down how it
operates, the incubation committee provides a good example
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Committee_Operation> of
how to operate via email we may wish to adopt.