[Marketing] Joining the Marketing Committee

Mugeha Laura mugeha.okole at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:30:21 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

My name is Laura Mugeha, a junior geospatial engineer and an active
advocate for open technology(open data and FOSS) from Kenya and currently
based in Nairobi. I now work for a social enterprise locally, and, in my
free time, I volunteer to build OSGeo and OSM communities in Kenya and
Eastern Africa at large.

I started interacting with FOSS4G while undertaking my undergraduate degree
in Geospatial engineering a  few years ago but learned more about OSGeo
after attending FOSS4G2018 in Tanzania. I currently conduct several
hands-on training sessions, mostly on OSM, QGIS, PostGIS, etc., to
YouthMappers chapters and other interested groups.

I recently became a charge member with OSGeo and would like to increase my
involvement with the Foundation through committees and projects.

I am looking forward to working with you all.

Kind regards,
--

*Laura Mugeha*

Regional ambassador, YouthMappers

YouthMappers | We don't just build maps; we build mappers.

www.youthmappers.org