[Marketing] Fwd: Request for funding for Early Career Researcher support for GISRUK 2023

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:09:58 PDT 2023

Hi Nick, all

This is on the agenda for the next board meeting (28/3).

I need to be very blunt about my own opinion on this: I've just spent 2.5
years seeing and experiencing "ECR" used as a tool to gaslight and punch
down on precarious research workers. I'm personally happy if I never hear
or see the term again, because it's just another way to enshrine existing
privilege in the academic system and extend the current broken philosophy
of how academia works.

Remove the EC part and things look much better ;)

Cheers

Adam

--
https://iamadamsteer.com