[Marketing] OSGeo Projects and Logos

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 00:34:13 PST 2024

Hi all,

mappyfile became an OSGeo Community project in 2023, and has a page at https://www.osgeo.org/projects/mappyfile/
As you can tell from that page, the project logo..lacks something!

Jody mentioned on the OSGeo Board list:

> Marketing committee works with graphic designers on occasion, we would be happy to help mappyfile (and other projects) work on branding and collateral.

So just an email to say hi, and maybe there are other OSGeo Community projects that would like an updated logo (or even making logos consistent sizes and types for the OSGeo web site and materials). If there are a few then budgets could be combined to get a graphic designer to help out.

I found a few links about previous work on logos on the wiki [1], [2].

Seth

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Logos_from_OSGeo_projects
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Graphics

--