[MDAL-Developer] MDAL, Unity and C#

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Mon May 10 06:15:23 PDT 2021

I will just put this here in case anyone is interested and also for future
reference and future google searches.

As well as the MDAL Conda package and built on top of it, there is also
an MDAL Unity Package Manager (UPM) package to allow MDAL to be used in
Unity projects (i.e. 3D, AR and VR etc). see
https://openupm.com/packages/com.virgis.mdal/

As part of this - there are some scripts for accessing MDAL in C# (Unity
uses C#) - see
https://github.com/ViRGIS-Team/mdal-upm/blob/main/Runtime/Scripts/Mdal.cs

This is not a generic C# interface and is not supported as such. However,
it does provide examples of MDAL can be used in C#. Please send any
feedback / suggestions to the GH Issues :
https://github.com/ViRGIS-Team/mdal-upm/issues

Has anyone done anything similar for accessing MDAL form Python - my next
challenge?