[MetaCRS] Oracle WKT

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 24 14:39:08 EDT 2008

Folks,

Mateusz Loskot is currently working on improved support for Oracle
coordinate systems in the OGR Oracle Spatial driver.  I'm wondering
if others here have experience with Oracle WKT coordinate system
definitions - possibly with suggestion on how to map them to more "OGC
standard" format.

Also, it seems the WKT is quite different between Oracle 9 and 10.  We
haven't tried to compare to 8.  Does anyone have advice on how to handle
things for different Oracle versions?

We are anticipating implementing morphToOracle() and morphFromOracle()
methods in the OGRSpatialReference class, similar to what we have done in
the past to map between OGR WKT and ESRI WKT.

Best regards,