[MetaCRS] Trac / SVN Organization

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 6 14:50:40 EDT 2008

Folks,

OK, we have a PSC so we can officially make decisions now!  The first thing
I'd like to get in place is Trac and SVN for our subprojects.  I know that
CSMAP is chomping at the bit to settle in.  PROJ.4 has been without a bug
tracker for several months now, and Mike mentioned a home for proj4js when
he sees me. :-)

I've had a few discussions about the idea of a single join svn and trac
instance for all the MetaCRS projects, and it seems like a non-starter.
It is very difficult to manage per-project stuff in Trac (like release
schedules, component lists, etc) if we have all the projects in one
instance.

For SVN it wouldn't be so bad to have everything in on SVN instance.  We
could have one big instance, with top level directories for each of the
projects - each with their own distinct /trunk /branches and /tags subtree.
I believe we can have distinct trac instances then point into that.
However, I'm not sure if doing this will introduce any additional problems
or not.

So, my preliminary proposal is that we request OSGeo to provide a Trac
instance for CSMAP, PROJ.4, PROJ4JS and one joint Subversion instance
for MetaCRS.

We might also want a later Trac instance for MetaCRS itself, in which
we could manage shared test cases, dictionaries and such.

I'll open this for discussion now, and perhaps call for a vote tomorrow
so we can get things moving.

Best regards,