[MetaCRS] Meta Introduction - Java developers hanging out on this list

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Tue May 13 12:09:52 PDT 2008

Morning All, I am just going to perform a quick meta-introduction. A
couple Java developers from a range of projects have joined the MetaCRS
list  ... with three goals in mind:
1. To meet you! I really don't know who works the projection magic on
the C side of the fence, and I would love to have a few more names to
put to questions
2. Short-term: to figure out if their is a chance for collaboration on a
shared Java projection library
3. Long-term: to collaborate on MetaCRS, since their is some shared
scope on the conformance end of thing

As for me, I am an organizer on the GeoTools project. While I know the
gt-referencing implementation I don't really feel comfortable enough on
the Math side of things to whip up additional projections in my spare
time. Helping out with test cases sounds within my abilities.

Jody