[MetaCRS] Proj4js 1.0.0 release candidate 1

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 3 16:30:59 EDT 2008

I would like to get a proper release of Proj4js out there, so I've been
cleaning up some tickets and prepared a 1.0.0 release candidate.  It's
currently an attachment on the wiki
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4js/wiki/Download but I will move that to the
OSGeo download server once everyone is back from Africa.

As per Richard's comments, I made some changes so that Proj4js can be
used as a stand-alone library rather than having OpenLayers
dependencies.  It still supports dynamic loading of definition and
projection code files if needed, but I switched that to use <script>
tags rather than loading via AJAX calls which simplifies the code a
lot.  That left 3 OL methods that Proj4js needed, so I just copied those
from OLv2.7 into the Proj4js namespace so that the library is standalone.

I've included several community contributions which are much appreciated.

There is a form based demo on the home page, but I would like to add a
more visual demo for the final release.

Please try it out and report any errors in Trac:
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4js/wiki

Mike Adair