[MetaCRS] Proj4js 1.0.0 release candidate 1

RICHARD Didier didier.richard at ign.fr
Tue Oct 7 15:13:10 EDT 2008

> Richard Greenwood wrote:
>> * The dynamic look up code should be in a separate module so that it
>> can be excluded, or a different service lookup service used.
>>
> You may not have a requirement for dynamic loading, but I do (and I
> suspect other people do as well).  I think the implementation I came up
> with is a reasonable compromise because:
> - if you don't need dynamic loading, just include the required defs
> through a script tag and the dynamic loading code is never used.
> - The code to handle dynamic loading amounts to 5k uncompressed and 2k
> compressed so the difference is not a large hit in terms of download time.
> - I initially had that code separated out, but doing that complicates
> the overall library un-necessarily for the end-user.
> - there isn't an dependency on any external libraries now so Proj4js is
> a self-contained package.

It is clear that dynamic loading is of great interest when using libraries
like OpenLayers and providing on the fly datasets overlaying : we don't
know in advance the needed CRSs.

Anyway, the proposed dynamic loading in 1.0.0 RC1 does seem to work: the
mecanism failed to update the readyToUse flag making it impossible to
transform points... I have submitted a patch (See ticket#2) in line with
not having to depend on OpenLayers.

By the way, would it be possible when a ticket is created/modified to
receive a mail as it is possible with PROJ4, GDAL (or is it just a
configuration that I missed) ?

didier

> Mike

RICHARD Didier - Chef du pôle technique du Géoportail
2/4, avenue Pasteur - 94165 Saint Mandé Cedex
Tél : +33 (0) 1 43 98 83 23