[MetaCRS] Re: [OpenLayers-Dev] New Zealand Map Grid in OpenLayer and Proj4js

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Sep 30 13:30:08 EDT 2008

Hi Stephen,

I've added the NZMG code to Proj4js
(http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4js/ticket/1) but there is a couple of problems:

-  I'm not a licensing expert but we can't use the GPL license for this
because it is too restrictive.  Can you change that to LGPL like the
rest of the library?  If so please put a comment to that effect on the
ticket.

- The test points aren't quite matching up, errors are consistent with
the datum shift you describe in the code.  Can you provide some test
points for the 2 coordinate systems to WGS84 please?  That will help
isolate any problems.

Thanks for the contribution.

Mike