[MetaCRS] EPSG Database Update Mechanism for libgeotiff, GDAL, PROJ.4, and PostGIS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 4 21:54:48 EDT 2009

Norm Olsen wrote:
> Hello Frank . . .
>
> CS-MAP now has an object (TcsEpsgdataSetV6, see csEpsgStuff.h) which
> provides a decent set to tolls for accessing the EPSG Data set.  It also
> relies on a copy of each of the 20+ tables in the EPSG database in .csv
> form.  I have always done this .csv extraction process manually.
>
> Does your scheme convert all 20+ EPSG tables to .csv form?
>
> Can you ask Paul to stash a copy of all 20+ .csv files someplace where I can
> get a copy of them? (I assume you are doing this for EPSG 7.1!)

Norm,

Currently it looks like I'm capturing 12 tables as operated on by the script:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/pg_to_csv.py

It would be easy to extend it to capturing them all though I don't really use
a number of them in libgeotiff and related tools.  The current csv files are
available in http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv.  I'll
let Paul notify this list when he has updated things, and to clarify what
version of the database he is getting.

We work from the Postgres dump of the EPSG dataset normally.

Best regards,