[MetaCRS] Reducing the Dictionaries directory size

Hugues Wisniewski hugues.wisniewski at autodesk.com
Mon May 4 13:41:28 EDT 2009

Hello Dawson,

> I see that other who use CS-MAP have reduced this down to 27MB
Who are these others?
Is this install for your personal or professional use? Or to have it posted on osgeo?

I'd say that all the dictionary files are needed and that is why the size is so big
Now in the dictionary files the biggest chunk of the data are used by the grid files
The grid files are made available to avoid having the users running after them on the various governments' websites

What is absolutely need are the dictionary files:
Category.csd
Coordsys.csd
Datums.csd
Elipsoid.csd

Then, the multiple regression files used by the MRT datums, these are all the *.mrt files

If you want to avoid the grid files you'd have to edit the *.gdc files and comment out the grid files they point to, so the *.gdc files are needed too
There might be a few grid files that are not referred to by any gdc file, meaning their name is hardcoded inside the source code, making those grid files required.
Those must be:
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/csmap/trunk/CsMapDev/Dictionaries/OSTN02.txt
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/csmap/trunk/CsMapDev/Dictionaries/OSTN97.TXT

Hugues