[MetaCRS] Directory structure for CSV Test data files

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Mon Nov 16 14:28:40 EST 2009

I agree with Martin - the Test Suite should follow the common SVN and
Java conventions.  Even if they are not actually contributing much to
the "build", it makes the project structure familiar.  It's easy to
trace through the structure to find the actual data files.

I expect that each project will obtain a copy of the relevant files
during its development and test phases, rather than at build or deploy
time.  I suspect each lib will have different "response patterns" to the
test suite, and may require some tailoring of the suite (or more
preferably the definition of a skip list) to avoid continual reporting
of known failures.

Martin D2

Martin Desruisseaux wrote:
> Hello all
>
> The "trunk" folder was proposed for complying with the common practice
> of projects on SVN. All projects in http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/
> except sr.org declare such folder. We don't have to do the same and I
> don't really mind. But we could imagine that at some point in the
> future, we wish to change the file format and maintain a branch for
> the projects that are not ready to update their parser, in which case
> a "branches" folder would follow SVN practices.
>
> However we could do the same with just a second file in the same
> directory, so I'm actually neutral.
>
>     Regards,
>
>         Martin
>

> Norm Olsen a écrit :
>> Don't we already have a directory "testsuite" at the root.  I don't
>> imagine folks reading the file directly from the web.  Obtaining the
>> test file would be part of their download procedure and they put it
>> where they need it.
>>
>> You don't get to a "trunk" folder until you've selected a library.
>> The purpose of this file is to be completely independent of the
>> specific library in use, is it not???
>>
>> Norm

Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect