[MetaCRS] question on GeoTiff axis order

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Fri Dec 17 12:32:44 EST 2010

Le 17/12/10 18:15, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> My approach is to assume long/lat for geographic coordinate systems, but
> (in theory at least) to honour EPSG axis order for projected coordinate
> systems.

This rule sound a nice compromise to me: unambiguous while simple, and probably
matching a majority of common practices :). Thanks for the clarification.

> I'm cc:ing the geotiff list since that is really where this discussion
> should be.

The http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/faq.html#Status FAQ entry gave us the
feeling that the GeoTIFF mailing list was not active anymore, but I think that
we have misunderstood this FAQ entry.

	Martin