[MetaCRS] Motion Vote: CS-Map RFC 2 - Redesign Datum Transformation Engine

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 7 08:50:01 EDT 2010

Hugues Wisniewski wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> With the review of RFC 2 finished I would like to call for a vote on
> behalf of Norm Olsen who will be back online in a few days.
>
> I am also voting for this RFC at the end of this email because I’ll be
> out for a few weeks in a couple of days
>

> RFC 2 - Redesign Datum Transformation Engine
>

> Link: http://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/wiki/CsMapRfc2

+1 Frank

I would appreciate hearing a bit more about the downsides of using WGS84
as a pivot datum since PROJ.4 is still based on this assumption.  I understand
that it tends to lead to kludges for some situations and makes chaining
challenging, but these seem to be implementation issues more than fundamentals
of using WGS84 as a pivot datum.

Best regards,