[MetaCRS] RE: New RFC -- Redesign of Datum Transform Engine (Norm Olsen)

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Wed Jun 16 13:32:21 EDT 2010

Hi Norm,

For implications; I was wondering whether this will cause any change in the values produced from conversion?  For example, it would be good to state how much more accurate the new calculation would be; or if we don't know, to just say it is more accurate than before. Of course, if there is no change in the values that will be produced then I think that would be good to state explicityly as well.

Will these changes make transformations noticeably faster? Could it make a transformation 2x faster? Again, if we can quantify this, I think it would be good to add a statement about this to the implications section.

I'm assuming that with the new dictionaries, there will be a slowdown in initialization time of the libraries, but it will not be anything more than a few milliseconds at most.

Thanks
Tom