[MetaCRS] Testing framework available to any GeoAPI implementation

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Tue Aug 16 12:21:24 EDT 2011

Hello Martin

Le 16/08/11 17:32, Martin Davis a écrit :
> Even better, why not provide these tests in the MetaCRS Test format?  That way
> they are declarative, platform and API-independent, and hence more easily
> usable by all the various CRS projects.
Because there is many programmatic tests performed through the API, in addition
of testing the actual transformed point values: axis order, units, prime
meridian, transform consistency, area of validity, etc. This test suite does not
just tests if the transformed points are correct; it actually tests if the
CoordinateReferenceSystem and CoordinateOperation objects are ISO 19111 compliant.

This is complementary with the MetaCRS test format. Actually once this MetaCRS
file will be available, I plan to add a JUnit test using it straight into the
"geoapi-conformance" module, so GeoAPI implementations (including Proj.4 through
the JNI wrappers) will get this test case automatically without any coding on
their side.

     Regards,

         Martin