[MetaCRS] First result of Proj.4 testing

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Aug 18 20:00:12 EDT 2011

Hello all

I have been able to run a part of geoapi-conformance with Proj.4 using GeoAPI
wrappers. To be more specific, only the following tests can be run for now:

http://www.geoapi.org/geoapi-conformance/apidocs/org/opengis/test/referencing/AuthorityFactoryTest.html#testEPSG_3002%28%29

(follow the "See ParameterizedTransform" link to see the actual parameters
expected and the coordinate tested). All the above tests pass with centimetric
precision, except:

  * Transverse Mercator for which I had to relax the tolerance theshold to 2 cm
    in Easting and 30 cm in Northing
  * Cassini-Soldner for which I had to relax the tolerance threshold to 2 metres
    (note: this is the same in Geotoolkit.org)
  * EPSG:31300 (Belge 1972 / Belge Lambert 72) which seems to be 745 km away in
    Easting compared to the example point given by the EPSG database. It may be
    my error (see below). Steps to verify in the EPSG database:
      o Go to http://www.epsg-registry.org/
      o Click on "/Retrieve by code/", enter 9803
      o Select the " /Lambert Conic Conformal (2SP Belgium)/" method
      o Click on "/Example/" on the bottom right side.

However I'm not sure that the EPSG:31300 offset is not caused by my misuse of
the Proj.4 library. Maybe the +lon_0 parameter (the "/Longitude of False
Origin/") is also used as the "/Prime Meridian/" in Proj.4? (In EPSG, this is
two different things).

Note that Geotoolkit.org produces the numbers documented in the EPSG database
for this EPSG:31300 case.

     Regards,

         Martin