[MetaCRS] Where's Denmark gone?

Steve Stanton sstanton at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 21 17:38:15 EST 2011

Are there any issues with the CSMap dictionary compiler? I ran it to convert the various *.ASC files, but when I loop through the resultant *.CSD files (with calls to CS_csrd), I seem to be missing a few Danish systems. Searching coordsys.asc for "CS_NAME: Denmark", I get this:

  Line 38672: CS_NAME: Denmark-S34-J
  Line 38685: CS_NAME: Denmark-S34-S
  Line 38698: CS_NAME: Denmark-S45-B
  Line 42340: CS_NAME: DenmarkS34-J
  Line 42353: CS_NAME: DenmarkS34-S
  Line 42366: CS_NAME: DenmarkS45-B
  Line 42379: CS_NAME: DenmarkS34-J99
  Line 42392: CS_NAME: DenmarkS34-S99
  Line 42405: CS_NAME: DenmarkS45-B99
  Line 42418: CS_NAME: DenmarkS45-B01
  Line 42450: CS_NAME: Denmark-KP2000-J
  Line 42464: CS_NAME: Denmark-KP2000-Z
  Line 42478: CS_NAME: Denmark-KP2000-B

But when I iterate using CS_csrd, I only get the 3 Denmark-KP systems. Could this be intentional (i.e. is there something that says the other systems should be ignored)?

Actually, it looks like there must be some other missing systems. When I count the number of "CS_NAME:" strings in coordsys.asc, I get 6338 occurrences. But a loop using CS_csrd only produces 6267 systems.

Steve