[MetaCRS] Proj4js

Calvin Metcalf calvin.metcalf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 04:05:35 PDT 2013

I 100% agree with Andreas with a couple additional goals,

-Get it to pass jshint on fairly strict settings.  The current code is
idiosyncratic in places (see the parseWKT function which has a recursive
nested switch statement) Which makes hacking it hard.
-unit tests and documentation
-Sensible defaults. 90% of JavaScript maps are going to be going dealing
with to/from Lambert conic conformal, transverse Mercator, wgs84 and Google
Mercator (maybe one more).  I would like an emphasis on getting those cases
yo work out of the box with no downloads, (ie from prj files or based on
common epgs numbers).
-more unit tests and documentation.
-lastly and less if a biggie would be to look into tools used by the js
community, I. E. Instead of a python build system use grunt or Jake and
instead of closure compiler look into uglify.

I'm excited to help it seems to be such a wonderful resource wasting away.