[MetaCRS] Question about CS-Map coordinate transformation accuracy

Stefani Paolo p.stefani at idscorporation.com
Thu Aug 14 01:43:03 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am in charge of the design of a software tool that will collect survey data and integrate it in a database and am thinking of using CS-Map to handle the transformation from local to global coordinate systems and I have a question that I have not been able to answer looking at the CS-Map documentation that I have found on the internet.

The question is the following: I would like to have some information regarding the numerical accuracy of the CS-Map transformation engine when used to convert between different coordinate systems. I do understand that CS-Map is an open source and commonly used transformation engine but, due to software safety requirements, I do need to have evidence about the accuracy figures that CS-Map provides, in my case when transforming from a local to a global coordinate system.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Paolo Stefani