[MetaCRS] [Proj] Common SQLite-based dictionaries

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Mon Aug 3 07:00:07 PDT 2015

Le 03/08/15 15:32, Sebastiaan Couwenberg a écrit :
> (...snip...) the ToS
> is incompatible with the Debian Free Software Guidelines and the Open
> Source Definition. The ToS discriminates against field of endeavor and
> limits derived works via parameter modification restrictions.

I'm not sure that those restrictions on modifications are incompatible
with Open Source Definition. Apache 2 is an Open Source license, despite
that it has a yet stronger restriction on modification:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#Name-changes

In short: if you modify an Apache software, you are not allowed to call
your modified software "Apache" (but you can said "based on Apache").
The EPSG terms of use seems actually more flexible since it describe the
changes that you are allowed to do and still keep the "EPSG" codespace.

    Martin