[MetaCRS] tilted perspective projection in proj4js

Momtchil Momtchev momtchil at momtchev.com
Fri Oct 2 03:05:12 PDT 2020

Hello,

I translated Frank Warmerdam's tilted perspective projection to JS 2
months ago and I was trying to make it work in Openlayers. I just copied
his implementation, adapting it to the proj4js interface. Now I realize
that the variable world extent that this projection uses is very
impractical in Openlayers, so I am wondering

  * What is the reason for the variable world extent? It varies with the
    height, being larger for larger heights
  * Should this projection in proj4js work the same way as PROJ.7?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

--
Momtchil Momtchev <momtchil at momtchev.com>