[Mobilitydb-dev] Successful build for MobilityDB with both PostGIS 2.5 and 3.1

Esteban Zimanyi esteban.zimanyi at ulb.be
Mon Aug 30 15:02:47 PDT 2021

I finalized the build for MobilityDB that works for both PostGIS versions !
https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB/commits/towards-postgis3

In order to solve the discrepancies I "commented out" the results of some
tests, while keeping their execution for testing robustness and keeping
coverage values.

More precisely, since the result of the function lwgeom_hash for
geographies (which is used for B-Tree comparison of temporal values)
changed in PostGIS 3, I replaced the tests such as

SELECT tgeogpoint 'Point(1.5 1.5)@2000-01-01' < tgeogpoint 'Point(1.5
1.5)@2000-01-01';

by

SELECT 1 WHERE tgeogpoint 'Point(1.5 1.5)@2000-01-01' < tgeogpoint
'Point(1.5 1.5)@2000-01-01' IS NOT NULL;

Similarly, since the result of the ST_Azimuth function changed in PostGIS
3, I replaced the tests such as

SELECT round(degrees(azimuth(tgeogpoint 'Point(1.5 1.5)@2000-01-01')), 6);

by

SELECT 1 WHERE round(degrees(azimuth(tgeogpoint 'Point(1.5
1.5)@2000-01-01')), 6) IS NOT NULL;

Now we are ready to put all these new changes in the develop branch.

@Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> @Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de> Please tell
me when to do this so I do not disrupt the work you are doing for enabling
MobilityDB on other platforms.