[Mobilitydb-dev] FW: First build for both PostGIS 2.5.5 and 3.1.3 !

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 31 12:10:32 PDT 2021

Sorry forgot to add to mailing list.

From: Regina Obe [mailto:lr at pcorp.us]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 3:09 PM
To: 'Esteban Zimanyi' <estebanzimanyi at gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Mobilitydb-dev] First build for both PostGIS 2.5.5 and 3.1.3 !

It looks for the geos-config file

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/branch/master/configure.ac#L672

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/branch/master/configure.ac#L704

I wouldn’t suggest doing it that way.

Might make more sense to follow how QGIS does it if you aren’t already since they have logic for a lot of platforms.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/cmake/FindGEOS.cmake

I personally haven’t tried to compile QGIS but given the number of people that do, I’m sure it’s very well tested across many platforms.

Anyway don’t worry about it too much.  It looks like I should be able to pass in the GEOS_LIBRARY path the way you have it.  I’ll give that a try next.

Thanks.

Regina