[Mobilitydb-users] Query regarding intersection of a temporal point with Z dimension and polygon

Esteban Zimanyi estebanzimanyi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:44:05 PST 2021

Dear Sharath

As I mentioned before, MobilityDB delegates to PostGIS the calculation of
the spatial operations. According to what you described, to implement your
scenario you require to use the PostGIS method ST_3DIntersection
https://postgis.net/docs/ST_3DIntersection.html
It is stated in the above link that this method needs SFCGAL backend.

We have never used MobilityDB together with SFCGAL. We could envision
starting this exploration in the future, but currently we have many other
things in the development pipeline of MobilityDB.

If you want to start this exploration, we could provide you guidance in
this regard and depending on our availability, we can also extend
MobilityDB to make this happen.

Esteban