[Mobilitydb-users] MobilityDB-Coordinates from TGeompoint

suc.eleve at ecole-navale.fr suc.eleve at ecole-navale.fr
Mon Sep 20 04:32:26 PDT 2021

Good afternoon,
As my currently working on a project on collision between ships, I
would like to build a tfloat which would correspond to the distance
between two ships, an other which would correspond to the bearing of
one ship saw by the other one. I already have the tgeompoint
corresponding to the trajectories of those ships but as I didn't find
mobilityDB built-in functions which would directly do what I want, I
would like to do that my self. The first step would be to obtain the X
and Y coordinates of the tgeompoint into tfloat. But I don't really
know how to do that as PosGis function ST_X() only works for points
and not trajectories. Then I will also need to apply mathematics
functions such as sin()or sqrt() to tfloat, but it seems that for the
moment only basic functions such as + or / are supported for tfloat.

Would someone have solutions for these diverse issues ?

Best Regards,

A. Suc