[Journal] Two articles in the "Case Studies" section

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Apr 3 08:50:49 EDT 2007

Martin Wegmann wrote:

> On Monday 02 April 2007 18:03, Micha Silver wrote:
>

>> I need a tip to finish the latex formatting for the Urban Forests
>> article. They have sent one image to be included at the end of the
>> article - a screen shot of their web page showing tree locations.
>> Displaying the image only one column wide would be pretty useless. How
>> can I get the image to "break" the two column setup, and display across
>> the whole width of a page??
>>

> try:
>
> \setkeys{Gin}{width=1\textwidth}
> \begin{figure*}[t]
>    \centering
> 	\includegraphics[scale=.5]{images/myimage}
>   	\caption{captipon....}
>    	\label{fig:xx}
> \end{figure*}

Hi Martin:
Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work. The image still honored
the split columns, making it too small. Here's what I did to overcome
the problem: I added the image *after* the \end{article} command in the
main_document.tex file. This allows the image to display across the
whole page, however it appears on a new page of its own, after the
article text. I'm not sure that's what we want.  If you have any other
ideas, let me know.
Micha