[Journal] converting to pdf

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:51:18 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Martin Wegmann <wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just a tip for converting eps, jpg, etc. to pdf.

I am confused - don't we use pdflatex? Then JPG, PNG
can just remain. And EPS you can convert with epstopdf from
the tetex package.

I had changed GRASS Newsletter Vol4 to pdflatex and
I thought that the OSGeo Journal is based on this?

Rule of thumb: avoid format conversion whereever possible...

Markus

> If you use Linux, a tool for KDE exists KIM (http://bouveyron.free.fr/kim/),
> which allows you to convert, resize etc. your images with a mouse click.
>
> this way it is very easy and fast to convert jpg, eps into pdf and use them
> for the Journal.
>
> Perhaps something similar exists also for other OS.
>
> Martin

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/
http://osgeo.org/grass