[Journal] Errors and corrections

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 5 11:53:21 EDT 2007

On 5-Apr-07, at 2:34 AM, Micha Silver wrote:

> This morning I've added some of the "developer updates" articles to
> the main tex file, and I did a recompile on the whole journal. I
> had to make some typo and other corrections in a few articles
> (Cepicky, Ames) to get the pdflatex to complete. It's all been
> commited to svn for continued review...

Great clean-up job Micha!  Thank you very much...

> Here are a few comments on how the journal looks so far:
>
> 1- Tyler's editorial isn't in svn, so I had to omit it from this
> pdf version. Sorry :-(

I've added it now and I put it back into the main document.  It is
only a copy of an old one at the moment (I have some writing to do now).

> 2- The journal Table of Contents appears *after* the start of the
> first article "openModeller" at the bottom of the first page (maybe
> a result of the starting editorial being absent?)

Yes, I believe it was set to show at the bottom of the first page, so
that you'd have a short introduction and then the TOC.  I like it
this way, what do others think?

> 3- Some articles that begin or end right at a page break get
> clipped and loose a few words.

I will investigate and see if I can find a solution.

> 4- Image sizing is still a problem in several cases.

I will go through today and update the files using Markus' approach -
thanks Markus!

> 5- I think the "developer updates" articles could be formatted
> slightly differently from the regular articles. They are shorter,
> and follow pretty uniform structure (each has "About", "Events",
> "Statistics", etc) A smaller title font, for example. Or perhaps
> recreate all the updates as sections of a single article? Any
> opinions?

I see what you mean, but don't have any bright ideas at the moment.
Martin, others, any ideas?

Thanks again Micha,