[Journal] introducing myself

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at csd.uoc.gr
Sun Dec 2 15:49:57 EST 2007

Dear all,

my name is Dimitris Kotzinos and I would like to introduce myself in the
Journal community since I offered my services to it (and after Tyler's
suggestions)!
Before submitting to you some educational and professional data I would
like to state that my current research interests include :
design and development of Web Based and Mobile GIS (the whole range from
data transmission to UI),
web based information systems including web services' based ones,
semantic GIS and semantic web GIS (in terms both of data and
applications) and also
algorithms for solving in real time classical GIS problems from shortest
path to traffic management.

Having as briefly as possible described that, I include hereafter some
educational and professional information:
Education
•	May 2001: Ph.D., Department of Production and Management Engineering,
Technical University of Crete, Chania, Crete, Greece. Dissertation
titled: “Application of digital map technologies on developing internet
based Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS)”. My Ph.D. thesis was
done in cooperation with the Dynamic Systems and Simulation Laboratory
of the Department of Production and Management Engineering of the
Technical University of Crete and the Institute of Applied and
Computational Mathematics (IACM) of the Foundation for Research and
technology – Hellas (FORTH) under the supervision of Prof. Markos
Papageorgiou and Dr. Poulicos Prastacos respectively.
•	June 1996: Master of Science (M.Sc.), Department of Civil and
Environmental Engineering and Geodetic Science, The Ohio-State
University, Columbus, OH, USA. Thesis titled: “Design and Implementation
of Parallel Time Dependent Least Time Path Algorithms for Intelligent
Transportation Systems (ITS) Applications”. Supervisor: Athanasios
Ziliaskopoulos.
•	July 1994: B.Sc. in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science,
University of Crete, Heraklio, Greece. (Grade: Very Good - 7.11).
Professional
•	October 2007 - today: Assistant Professor, Department of Geomatics and
Surveying, TEI of Serres, Greece.
•	October 2005 - today: Associate Researcher, Institute of Computer
Science, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (ICS-FORTH).
•	October 2002 - August 2007: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of
Computer Science, University of Crete.

 From the available Journal needs I could probably fill the "Editor,
Developer Announcements" place or if possible I would be happy to see
the creation of a column/part in the Journal about "Semantic Web and
GIS", since I believe that we will see a lot of it in the coming future.

Best regards to all,

Dimitris