[Newsletter] Vote: Publication Naming

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 8 18:24:49 EST 2007

On 7-Mar-07, at 11:22 AM, Micha Silver wrote:

> Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>
>> == VOTE ==
>> I would like each member of the editorial and publication team to
>> pick a name and vote for it.  Then we'll change it for this
>> upcoming volume.  If you want more discussion, go for it.
>>
>> Tyler votes for: The OSGeo Journal.
>>
>> Jason, Martin, Kevin, Micha, Landon, please each cast your vote.
> My feeling is to stay with "News" but I see I'm outvoted...

I also asked a few others in IRC and I got some positive feedback.
Can you live with the decision Micha, or do you think it is a really
really bad idea that will make you hang your head in shame?  At this
point it's not an irreversible change - if we find it too restrictive
in the future we can switch.  I know we all value each others'
opinions, so if anyone is embarrassed by it or loses sleep over it
then I'd open it back up for debate.

Otherwise we'll close this issue and move on...

Sincerely,