[Journal] Licensing of journal

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed May 16 14:06:41 EDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Markus' comment makes sense to me.  Anyone have a reason not to use
> this license for our work?
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
>
> I am not concerned about non-commercial use, as long as there is
> attribution.  My main interest is in seeing projects promoted,
> regardless of whether someone sells an article that is already free
> :)  Make sense?

Makes sense to me as well. Do I understand correctly that releasing the
Journal under the CC license actually supercedes what Allan Doyle
mentioned below -

Right now, on page 70, it says "all articles are copyrighted by the
respective authors"

Furthermore, as others mentioned, the question of translations need to
be addressed. Is a translation a "derived work"??
It would have been more "proper" had we informed authors in advance that
their work was to be released under CC.  Now is probably the ideal time
to discuss and draw up a "guidelines for authors" list, which might
cover questions such as licensing, and to what extent do we expect some
connection to FOSS, etc.

Micha