[Journal] PDF bookmarks

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat May 19 16:54:01 EDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> Only a short remark: looking at
>> http://www.osgeo.org/files/journal/final_pdfs/OSGeo_vol1_deegree.pdf, I
>> recognized that the PDF bookmarks are not set correctly. Can this be
>> fixed?
>
> I received this question - does anyone know how well we can manage the
> PDF bookmarks in these documents?
>
> Tyler
In the main pdf document, the bookmarks are also strange: they get
nested deeper and deeper thru the length of the document. I read that
the hyperref package, which handles url's and the pdf bookmarks should
be loaded last in the main document, but in our case it's loaded ahead
of several other packages (from OSGeomisc.sty). There might be some
collision between packages that's causing this problem. I tried to
juggle around the order of loaded packages, but just got into trouble...
How were the individual article pdf's made? Is there some
main_document.tex for each article? With my *very* limited knowledge of
latex, I would guess that we'd need to compile each individual article
separately in order to get the bookmarks correct.