[Journal] [urgent] Problem viewing the journal on Windows

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon May 21 03:17:38 EDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> For now I've set up the .htaccess for that folder to use:
> <IfModule mod_headers.c>
>    <FilesMatch "\.pdf$">
>      Header set Content-Disposition attachment
>    </FilesMatch>
> </IfModule>
>
> So the PDF should automatically download instead of open in the
> browser.  Can you check to see if that works better in windows now?

OK, with Internet Explorer I get a window asking to open or save. If I
click "Open" (to try to force the problem) it still downloads a temp
file, and then opens it *successfully*. But I see that Firefox doesn't
seem to honor that "attachment" header. So Firefox users will have to
force a download by right-clicking on the link and "save link as..."

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co