[Journal] Translation of the journal

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Thu May 24 04:20:22 EDT 2007

Le Wednesday 23 May 2007 17:44:55 Jacolin Yves, vous avez écrit :
> Le Wednesday 23 May 2007 17:34:13 Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo), vous avez écrit :
> > On 23-May-07, at 6:21 AM, Jacolin Yves wrote:
> > > Some french people are ready to translate some article of the new
> > > OSGeo
> > > journal Vol. 1.
> > >
> > > The wiki ask to subscribe to this list to manage the translation.
> > > What is the
> > > process? Do I need to just inform that we are going to translate
> > > some article
> > > (and give the title)? what is the format you want to?
> >
> > Salut Yves,
> > I am just starting to think about how to handle this and have not
> > made any movement.  Choosing the license was the first step.  Thanks
> > for starting the discussion.
> >
> > Who...
> > I believe we need to have at least 2-3 translators for each language,
> > with at least one doing proof-reading to double-check the
> > translator.  It is conceivable that we might get a translation but
> > not be able to verify it is done well, so having an extra person
> > available can be very important.
> > How...
> > The Journal has source code managed in a subversion code repository,
> > as latex text files.  Does anyone have ideas for the best way to
> > handle translated code in SVN?  I would like to keep it all in SVN
> > alongside the english version - perhaps as just another folder, or
> > are there special ways within svn that would be helpful to use?
> > Perhaps some kind of parallel branch that would allow people to
> > easily compare one language with the original english.  I'm new at
> > svn, so looking for any ideas.  Let's figure this out before you do
> > too much.
> > The other main questions is whether we need translators to handle the
> > latex code or not.  I think the english editorial team can help
> > compile the results but won't have time to copy/paste/convert raw
> > text into latex for translators.  What do others think?
> > When...
> > Because I know you are discussing this on the Francophone list, I
> > know you'll have some good support.  You can start any time but may
> > need to change the way it is done after we solve some of the above
> > questions.  Take a peek at the latex code for a simple article and
> > seeing how exciting it is :)
> >
> > Looking for your own comments as well as others on this list.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Tyler
> >
> > p.s.
> > You can browse the raw code online at: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/
> > browser/journal/volume_1
> > A simple article example: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/journal/
> > volume_1/editorial/mitchell.tex
> > You can "checkout" the code using SVN command:
> > svn checkout http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_1/
>
> * Who:
> Yes, I try to find another person to read my translation each time I can.
> So I agree with you!
> [...]

Hello,

I began the "translation project" in the francophone mailing list. Someone
asked how to manage langage specification (ie include fr packages).

Is it possible to modify/include new packages? This can imply some problem to
build the pdf if you don't have this pakages.

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin