[Journal] change of bibliography

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 04:14:34 EST 2007

On Nov 3, 2007 5:41 PM, Martin Wegmann
<wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> Quoting Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il>:
> > Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> > Doens't the {bibliography} section enable \cite{} in the body of the
> > text  to link to the correct {bibitem}?
>
> yes it does - I don't want to remove the bibliography but just its appearance.
>
> I'll look into it in the next couple of days.

I wonder if it would be better to change from bibitem to real bibtex
for numerous reasons:
- bibitem painful while bibtex easy to write
- download bibtex from IEEE, Google Scholar, citeulike.org, ... nearly
everywhere
  (no handwritten bibitem stuff)
- make single bibliographic file like RNews does:
http://cran.at.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/
- syntax checking through bibtex
- easy style application to bibtex references

Best
Markus