[Journal] Managing the next volume..

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 7 17:15:13 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
I'm still picking away at Volume 4 - the Annual Report.  But as I do
so, I wanted to bring up an idea some of you may be interested in.

The Journal is not one of my highest priorities and as such suffers a
bit of neglect, especially around timing of issues, involving new
volunteers, etc.  I am wondering if anyone would be interested in
trying out coordinating the next release.  It would require no long
term commitment and we couldn't fire you ;-) You could think of it as
being a (guest) Release Manager.  If it worked out well, then it
would become a regular position.  At least it would give you some
experience and you'd probably have many suggestions for
improvements.  I'd be here to help support and guide, but I realise I
need some further help to keep things moving.

I'm hopeful that with the growing interest and momentum behind the
journal, we can tap into some more of your skills and interests.  If
you ever see a way to improve the processes, please discuss them on
this list, then we can see how to implement them.

Best wishes,