[Journal] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Journal Reviewers

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at geomaticblog.net
Fri Feb 29 12:59:54 EST 2008

2008/2/23, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell at osgeo.org>:
> Hi everyone,
>  The OSGeo Journal team is currently working on our 4th volume.
>  Several people have approached me over the past few months, asking
>  how they can help.  If you are wondering the same thing, one area
>  where we could use help is in reviewing and proof-reading articles.
>  We are just starting to use an online management system for
>  submitting abstracts, documents and for managing the review process.
>  This will include the ability of having anonymous peer review.
>
>  If you are interested in helping as a reviewer, peer-reviewer, proof-
>  reader or even as an editor, please let me know.  You are more than
>  welcome to join on a regular or irregular basis!  Just introduce
>  yourself to the rest of the team using the Journal mailing list:

>  To use the reviewing system, please register online at:
>  http://osgeo.org/ojs - and select "Reviewer" on your registration page.
>
>  Once we are aware that you would like to help in this capacity, we
>  (the editors) will "assign" an article for you to review.  You
>  provide comments or upload changes all through the site.  We are
>  still testing the process and welcome your feedback or participation.
>
>  Best wishes,
>  Tyler

Hi,

I'm Jorge, a cartography engineer (and a surveyor as well) working at
the gvSIG Team in Prodevelop, a medium company of Valencia, Spain.

I've been working with OSGeo Spanish for one year and two in gvSIG
development as well as other Prodevelop products.

Before that I was almost two years working as a researcher at the
University with GIS in local administrations and health departments,
web mapping teacher and several minor works.

I'm offering to the Journal editors as technical supporter with LaTeX
editing and proof-reading.

I hope I can help the Journal editors and authors to  produce a really
nice publication.

Best regards.
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas