[Journal] Introduction

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Thu Mar 13 15:46:36 EDT 2008

Florian, it would also be great to have you sign up on the OSGeo Journal
open journal system as a "reviewer" (if you haven't already) so that we can
call on you to help peer review technical articles in your field of
expertise.  You can do so here: http://www.osgeo.org/ojs/

- Dan

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Sunburned Surveyor <
sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Florian,
>
> I look forward to working with you on the OSGeo Journal. I'm sure your
> LaTex experience will be helpful.
>
> Landon
>
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Florian Kindl <florian.kindl at norut.no>
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to introduce myself and offer my contribution to OSGeo journal.
> >
> > My name is Florian Kindl, was born and raised in Austria, where I spent
> > most of my life. I earned a master's degree in Geography (major in
> > physical geography and GIS) from University of Innsbruck in 2007.
> >
> > Besides I worked for the TirolAtlas project [1], a regional web-based
> > atlas built on Free and Open-Source technologies.
> >
> > Now I am working on my PhD thesis in the field of remote
> > sensing/airborne laser scanning. My workplace is at Norut AS,
> > a research company related to the University of Tromsø, Norway.
> >
> > I am an eager advocate of Free Software, both for work and private. I
> > have some years of experience with free geospatial software, mostly
> > GRASS GIS, QGIS and Mapserver. Moreover, I am a LaTeX-lover, which I use
> > for most things I write.
> >
> > I'd like to offer my contribution to OSGeo journal in the position of
> > "Formatting/Conversion - moving non-LaTeX content into LaTeX forms (each
> > author/section Edt.has to check for latex errors etc.)" (from [2]) and
> > also as a reviewer. I think my competence would best meet articles of
> > the {Case,Integration,Topical} Studies sections.
> >
> > I am looking forward to working together with you,
> > Florian Kindl
> >

> > ~~~
> > [1]
> > http://tirolatlas.uibk.ac.at/