[Journal] Journal presentation

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Mon Sep 15 15:07:55 EDT 2008

Yes, it would be great to get some face to face feedback on the
journal. I'm interested in some live feedback on idea of moving to a
more formal peer reviewed journal that can get a citation index,
etc... I won't be there, but I'm sending two students who I'll ask to
attend the general meeting and share some thoughts from the academic
side... - Dan

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I won't be making it to http://foss4g2008.org - but if anyone else on this
> list is going and would like to talk about the Journal project, please let
> me know.  It would be really helpful is someone could do a brief 3-5 minute
> talk at the OSGeo Annual General Meeting:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2008
>
> Any takers?
>
> It would also be an interesting place to talk about the need/interest in
> broadening our peer review, etc.  It's really the only face-to-face
> opportunity to chat with so many general OSGeo people at once.
>
> Hope you're well,
> Tyler

Daniel P. Ames PhD, PE
Department of Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
amesdani at isu.edu
www.MapWindow.org
www.Hydromap.com
Quote of the day: "Over the Labor Day weekend, with most of the big
enchiladas of the major media on vacation, the vacuum was filled with
a hallucinatory hurricane in the leftist blogosphere, which unleashed
a grotesquely lurid series of allegations, fantasies, half-truths and
outright lies about Palin. What a tacky low in American politics..." -
Left-wing blogger Camille Paglia.