[Journal] How To Apply Corrections To An Article

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 24 16:02:18 EDT 2009

Hi Landon,

Most academic journals have a technical editor. The technical editor
doesn't become involved until a paper has been accepted, and is in
preparation for publication. Changes are made directly by the technical
editor, but all changes are documented, and the authors have the ability
to alter the changes.

Dan

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 12:51 -0700, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> I'm serving as an editor for one of the articles in the upcoming issue
> of the journal. I'm curious what the best protocol would be for
> handling corrections to an article. I'm not talking about major
> changes to article content or style. I'm talking about minor spelling
> and grammar corrections.
>
> Should I make a list of the needed corrections and forward these to
> the author? Should I make the changes myself in a copy of the article?
>
> What is an editor's role on providing suggestions for improving an
> article to the author when compared to a reviewer?
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Landon
Dan Putler
Sauder School of Business