[Journal] Volume 5 and beyond

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon May 11 11:36:21 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I've been 100% focused on the Annual Report and publishing it as
Journal Volume 5.  So unfortunately the other articles submitted have
not been on the radar lately.  We have only 6 articles and I see that
some review has been done on all of them!  Good job.

I'm sorry this publication round has taken so long, but during the
switchover to OJS, to trying peer review, and also with my direction
from the OSGeo Board to complete the Annual Report, it has been
unavoidable.

I'd like to target the next volume for publication of the contributed
articles.  I also see some articles require feedback or changes from
some of the authors.  We can also solicit new articles for this
upcoming volume 6 and do a focused volume on community contributions.

Make sense?

The Annual Report is almost complete, I'll be putting it through some
general proofing later today.  If you have time to help give parts of
it a read-through let me know.  It's all in SVN at the moment, only a
couple articles remain to be added:

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_5/en-us/

Best wishes,