[Journal] Help on LaTex Syntax for Journal

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Dec 3 13:34:12 EST 2010

I apologize for drifting away from my Journal "chores"
recently. I hope to have a bit more time soon (after mid Dec),
and I'll try to take up some of the latex conversions.
I was concerned about two articles in the Case Studies that
are about 3 year old. I'm reluctant to approach the authors
now, after such a long delay, and ask that they update the
article. But on the other hand publishing as is will mean
presenting material that is quite out of data.

Micha

On 03/12/2010 19:30, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> On December 3, 2010 07:52:11 am Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
>> I'm working on converting the Media Mapping article. I also installed
>> MikTex so I can see if I can at least convert the individual articles
>> to PDF to check my latex conversion work. I don't know about getting
>> the whole Journal to PDF. That Make file scared me!
> You can ignore the makefile.  All you really need to do is run:
> pdflatex OSGeoJournal_vol8.tex
> to make a PDF from the master document.  Now, that master doc is truly worth
> being scared of ;-)
>
>> At any rate, I've been working to get a couple or proposals out the
>> door at work this week and haven't had time for more conversion work
>> since I last posted my questions. I'll try to get some more done next
>> week. To be honest, the conversion to LaTex is taking a little more
>> effort than I thought, as it is with most endeavors in life. :]
> Let some of the rest of us help convert some docs over.  I highly recommend
> you do not worry about layout/design stuff or how the doc will look in PDF at
> this stage.  That's something that we can work on together after everythings
> compiled.  Things will change once all articles are brought together into one
> doc.
>
> Unless, of course, there are funky tables or something, but even then I
> suggest just converting text and images into latex first.  Add in a few
> footnotes where needed and some text styles - what other problems are there?
> Ah, bibliographies probably causing pay eh?  Knew we shouldn't have had peer
> review academic articles ;-) (kidding!)
>
>> There was already one article submitted by the author in Latex. Except
>> for this article and the media mapping article, all the other peer
>> review articles need to be converted.
> Okay, I'll take a look too.
>
> Tyler

Micha Silver