[Journal] Finally an Update on Volume 6

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Mar 20 13:41:53 EDT 2010

I have just a few responses, more or less echoing what's already been said:
1- Latex is certainly the way to insure a uniform a professional looking
document.
2- I don't think we'll see contributors submitting articles in latex. In
many cases journal authors are administrators or GIS users, without the
need or desire to do document formating for publishing.
3- Having said that, the conclusion is that the latex "elephant" is
probably going to be with us for a long time.
4- Since ODF and Word formats are what contributors are sending in, it
might be helpful to make up ODF and Word templates for articles to be
submitted. This might ease the latex transition for us.  Furthermore, we
should not accept pdf since the conversion it tricky and error-prone.
and finally:
5- I'm still having trouble seeing the advantage to the OJS system...

Regards,
Micha

Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918