[Journal] Volume 8

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:18:17 EDT 2010

OK Guys. I think I got a handle on the roster for Volume 8. Here is
the list of submitted articles:

FOSS4G 2009: Colloborative Web Based Mapping of Real-Time Flight
Simulator and Sensor Data

Peer Review: Geoprocessing in the Clouds
Peer Review: Media Mapping: Using Georeferenced Images and Audio to
Provide Supporting Information for the Analysis of Environmental
Sensor Datasets
Peer Review: MapWindow 6.0: An Extensible Architecture for
Cartographic Symbology
Peer Review: A Modular Spatial-Temporal Modeling Environment for GIS
Peer Review: A Data System for Visualizing 4D Atmospheric CO2 Models and Data

Case Studies: An Image Request Application Using FOSS4G Tools

Developer Announcements: r.in.swisstopo - A New Module for the GRASS
GIS Application for Importing Digital Elevation Model Data of
Switzerland in swisstopo Format

The good news is we don't need any review for the articles in the peer
review section. However, I could use some help converting those
articles to LaTex. If you don't know LaTex, but can help me convert
the articles to XHTML, that will help for the epub I'd like to put
together for Volume 8.

I believe the remaining three articles will still need a review before
conversion to Latex/XHTML. I've got Dimitris signed up as Section
Editor for the Developer Announcements Section. Dimitris: Can you
review the article on the new Grass Module?

Can I get volunteers to review the FOSS4G 2009 article and the Case
Study article?

Also, if someone is interested in working up a short guest editorial
that would be great. This would require you to read over the
submissions and provide a nice summary of the topics discussed in
Volume 8 in your editorial. (It looks like we might have a temporal
theme.) Tyler is sitting on the sidelines for this volume, and I'll be
busy trying to pull things together in his abscence, so a guest
editorial would be very helpful.

Scott: Do you want to include a news section in Volume 8? I'd like to
get it published before the year's end.

To summarize, we need volunteers for the following:

- Conversion of peer review section articles to LaTex.
- Conversion of peer review section articles to XHTML.
- Review of case studies, developer announcement, and FOSS4G09 articles.
- Guest Editorial

Let me know if you can help, and thank you!

Landon