[Journal] Tons of cleanup done... next steps

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 24 20:22:18 EDT 2010

Hi again, I spent the better part of a couple days going through various improvements, hopefully, to the document.  I'm happy with it now.  In a couple articles I converted bullet point lists that had many sentences into basic paragraphs.  I tweaked a ton of layout - which hopefully won't get too messed up when I make a US Letter version of the PDF later :)

Next on my list is to split up the main PDF into sub article PDFs.  These (along with final .tex files) then get loaded back into OJS as final documents for each article - this allows them to be presented automatically in OJS with proper reference back to the author, and this helps us keep the files in OJS for future reference without having to dig into SVN.  One thing it supports too are abstracts, which we haven't really been collecting so far, that can also be searchable through the site tools.

Yes, a bit more work, but I'll take care of it and think there is good value.  I hope eventually that the OJS <--> SVN linkage will become automated in the core OJS app.

More as I wrap it up and make an announcement.  Landon, you're welcome to make the announcement if you'd like, otherwise I'll just move forward and do it tonight or tomorrow.