[Journal] Moving Forward With a Quarterly Journal

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Oct 16 10:34:09 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Landon Blake
<sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose moving forward with a quarterly or bi-monthly edition of
> the OSGeo Journal instead of an annual edition. I think a more frequent and
> smaller publication will be easier for me to handle and will allow me to
> publish more regularly.
>
> If you have strong objections to moving to a smaller quarterly format,
> please let me know. I plan on asking for submissions from chapters, software
> projects, and committees early next week. The submissions would be for the
> last quarter (July to September 2014).

Not all chapters, projects, and committees do something once a quarter
so they might not have anything to report.  This isn't necessarily a
problem in that there may be fewer reports reported more frequently
evening out over a year.

Historically we have not had prompt turn around time asking for
reports, that might reduce number of submissions.

Neither of these things should be a barrier to quarterly publishing,
just things to keep in mind and try to accommodate.

Eli