[Journal] Moving Forward With a Quarterly Journal

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Oct 27 03:17:53 PDT 2014

Eli, Landon, All,

On Friday, October 24, 2014 18:00:34 Landon Blake wrote:
> Not all chapters, projects, and committees do something once a quarter
> so they might not have anything to report.  This isn't necessarily a
> problem in that there may be fewer reports reported more frequently
> evening out over a year.
I didn't understand the term"once a quarter" in the same way. I though that
the chapters had the possibility to publish an article in the journal, but
that they shouldn't write something for each release.

In this way, I agree that smaller Journal will be easier to manage and more
dynamic (Realase often ...). People may want to publish something because they
know that in few month the new release will be published. Currently, if we
want to anounce our next foss4g-fr, we are not sure that the article will be
published before the event!

Regards,

Y.